The title of my blog is a part of a Sanskrit Shloka which means Excess of Everything is Poisonous. I relate this to everything in life. Whether it is my personal life or professional or spiritual life. Whenever we indulge into something whether it is passion or self esteem or ambition or love, the time when we cross the threshold limit of the same we end up in a disaster. I had read somewhere that Honey Bee's testicles explode when it has sex and it dies.
Man is responsible for his own destruction due to his own mistakes. A person who keeps himself in control is the one who is successful. The constant feedback I get is that I get hyper in times of crisis which means I lack emotional control (which is actually applicable to all spheres of my life), we need to keep ourselves in check if we want to do well in life. Always remember that there is only a thin line between confidence and over-confidence.
When we accumulate a lot of knowledge and our pride swells up we actually turn towards the negative phase in life because the sense of accomplishment turns us into a rude and arrogant person. We are successful of we are intelligent yet humble which happens only when we strike a balance in life. As I keep saying we should not commodify our emotions. We always look for materialization of desires and of feelings.
Our generation thinks that money is the parameter of success. Fame is the parameter of knowledge. Attention is the parameter of love. I say no! What you feel in your heart is the parameter of each and everything. Don't let desires, love,greed or lust rule your life. It leads you to complete destruction.
We have this great habit of getting obsessed. Girls are obsessed with shopping (so are boys). Men are obsessed with cricket (some look only at Mandira Bedi though). My dear lovelies chuck obsession and hug sanity. Practise control. If you love someone don't go behind them like a dog, just let them be. If you want to accomplish something in life, work your ass off on weekdays but keep the weekends for your family and friends. You will someday buy a Mercedes, but do you see a point when you won't have a girlfriend or wife to take her on a long drive on a rainy evening.
Don't go mad with things. Don't be a jerk. Excess of everything makes you loose out on the essentials and you end up living a life which you hate. I am sure you don't want to become a contemporary Ravan or Meena Kumari or whatever. No matter what you do, keep yourself in check. When you loose your temper, count backwards, calm down. When you love someone, don't suffocate them. If your are ambitious, don't become greedy or rather nasty and not even a machine please.
Stay balanced, stay happy!


No comments:
Post a Comment