Let me begin with a small and simple question. How was your
day? Answers are invited. I can bet on this that atleast every third answer would
be a different one. Some regular answers would be fine, good, normal, bad,
bakwas etc. Other than these routine ones, there can be more interesting
answers as well. My point here is not to check your vocabulary, rather all I wanted
to prove is that there is diversity all around us. I can’t assume everyone to
think, act, speak or be like me, they have to be different because each one of
us is unique.
At times when I cannot agree with my friends or am unable to
synchronize with their thoughts, I casually say that we are not clones. By
saying this I actually mean that I know that you are a different human being
and I acknowledge the difference of the respective views, but this never
facilitates me to discard that point of difference. Agreeing or disagreeing is
entirely up to us, but we must show some respect for what other person has to
say. Lack of such respect leads to arguments and results into bitter end.
Patience is a very difficult virtue. What makes it difficult
is the exercise of self control. People like me who are highly short tempered
find it an uphill task to be patient enough in daily life. A control on
emotions, on speech, on temper is very much necessary to understand what the
other person wants to say. Other important ingredient is to free your mind of
all the predispositions. Stop being judgmental. Don’t judge things; understand
them, to avoid any miscommunication.
It is very important to mark the words that no two persons
are alike, they have to be different. And when you understand this fact, there
shouldn’t be any fuss over a difference of opinion. Welcome those thoughts,
absorb them, bring out something productive and ignore the unimportant ones.
Club the crux and invent a masterpiece of thoughts. Take it as an opportunity to
build a castle out of different views rather than being a part of chaos. The
key is patience and openness. Don’t forget that only various hues are combined
to make a vibrant rainbow. Start celebrating the diversity of thoughts rather
than complaining that your views are counter attacked by different people or
that people hardly agree to what you have to say.
Just imagine a world with people who speak only one language
or eat only pizza or work only on Windows 7 or wear only yellow colour clothes,
the immediate reaction would be, how boring. That’s what the key idea is, if
all of us would think alike, life would have become monotonous. So lets respect
these difference and celebrate the diversity.
No comments:
Post a Comment